1. List of regulatory legal documents related to the field of river transport
1. "Regulation on the procedure for mandatory inspection during the construction, operation, and repair of ships." Approved by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers dated May 5, 2016 No. 141.
2. "Charter of inland water transport of the Republic of Uzbekistan". Approved by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers dated February 25, 1997 No. 106.
3. Rules for registration of ships (registration number 2595, June 17, 2014).
4. Rules of cargo transportation in river transport (register number 2468, June 13, 2013).
5. "Rules for sailing in the inland waterways of the Republic of Uzbekistan". (list number 796, July 9, 1999).
6. Rules for technical use of river transport. (list number 990, December 6, 2000).
7. Rules for prevention of pollution by inland navigation vessels. (list number 966, September 8, 2000).
8. Labor protection rules for employees of river ports (approved by the order of the Minister of Labor No. 133 dated August 30, 2002).
9. "Model norms for providing free special clothing, shoes and other personal protective equipment for employees of automobile and river transport" (list number 1511, September 8, 2005).
10. "Labor protection rules for river transport employees" (list number 2067, January 14, 2010).
2. Information on river transport
A total of 224 water transport vehicles (vessels) in use on inland waterways and water basins of the Republic of Uzbekistan are included in the list of the Ship Inspection of the River Transport Department, of which:
transport ships - 132;
technical ships - 74;
auxiliary ships - 14;
floating pontoon bridges - 4.
The department of river transport is a structural structure of the Department of Automobile and River Transport Development of the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Uzbekistan and provides the activities of the Ministry of Transport with issues in the field of river transport.
The river transport department includes the following departments:
a) Register of shipping of Uzbekistan (hereinafter - Register).
b) Ship inspection.
State administration authorized to carry out technical control and classification of self-propelled ships with main engine power of 55 kW and more, non-self-propelled ships and floating vehicles with load capacity of 80 registered tons and more is an organ.
The Shipping Inspection is authorized to monitor the safe navigation of ships and floating vehicles and their proper use in accordance with their assigned tasks, as well as the safe and reliable transportation of goods, in compliance with ecological standards and the protection of human life on the navigable inland waterways of the Republic of Uzbekistan. is a state management body.
The department of river transport performs the following functions in order to fulfill the tasks assigned to it:
Develops proposals for improving the management system in the field of river transport;
Develops proposals for the formation of state investment policy in the field of river transport;
Prepares proposals for the formation of near-term and prospective state programs and departmental address programs for the socio-economic development of the river transport sector;
Develops proposals for optimal use of inland waterways;
Develops and implements a unified technical policy in the field of river transport;
Participates in the development of proposals on issues of transport safety in the field of river transport;
Develops, analyzes the application of, and makes changes to, regulatory and legal documents establishing technical requirements that ensure the protection of human life in water, reliable transportation of goods, safe swimming of floating vehicles and conditions for their use;
Participates in the development of technical regulations in the field of river transport;
Development of drafts of laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decrees, decisions and orders of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decisions and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers, which require a decision of the Republic of Uzbekistan on issues of river transport within the framework of the powers granted to the department in the field of river transport submits proposals to the Ministry of Transport for;
The Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan prepares materials for consideration of river transport issues for Council meetings;
prepares materials for the conclusion, amendment, addition, annulment and ratification of international agreements and intergovernmental agreements in the field of river transport;
The Republic of Uzbekistan develops measures to implement the provisions of international agreements and intergovernmental agreements within its competence;
The Department of River Transport performs other functions that do not conflict with the laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan.